Baku, FinanceTime. BAKU – BAFT, an international financial services association, announced today its Future Leaders program class of 2018. Agarza Bakhshiyev, ActingHead of Risk Management department of Kapital Bank, Azerbaijan, was one of 31 individuals selected to participate. The program – now in its third year – recognizes upcoming leaders in the transaction banking industry.
Nominated by their respective institutions, the class of 2018 includes individuals from 16 countries and a variety of disciplines within transaction banking. Thisyear’sgroupwill be divided into four project teams to address current industry issues such as correspondent banking relationships, cybersecurity threats and defense, artificial intelligence and transaction banking recruitment.
Bakhshiyev will collaborate with fellow Future leaders on “Big Data and Artificial Intelligence” and will work on AI methods helping banks in different operational fields for data analysis, assessing financial risk management, product creation, as well as testing useful research outputs in the bank.
“I’m honored to have been selected for BAFT’s Future Leaders program and to join such an esteemed group within the transaction banking industry,” said Bakhshiyev. “I lookforwardto working with my colleagues to identify solutions forcriticalindustryissues.”
The class of 2018 will begin the program at the annual BAFT Europe Forum in London, and will conclude at the BAFT North America Meeting in Florida in May. Severalclassof 2017 program alumni will support the current class as mentors, joining BAFT board members who will again serve as project sponsors.
Bakhshiyev joins the following individuals, who were selected to this year’s program:
· Adam Hanke – Natwest/RBS
· AdriaanBellaart – ING Bank NV
· Allison Vara – JPMorgan
· Andrew Smart – Scotiabank
· Aoun Al Aoun – Arab Bank Plc
· Beatrice E. Lee – HSBC Bank
· Bret Berta – Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS)
· Charlotte Kissmeyer – SkandinaviskaEnskildaBanken AB (SEB)
· Cristina ThomeCertucha – SociétéGenerale
· Dario J. Sanchez – Fulton Financial Corporation
· ElieMedlege – BanqueLibano-Française
· Hiren Shah – Pelican
· Janice Durisin – Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP
· Janna Webskowski – US Bank NA
· Joëlle Schmidt – ZürcherKantonalbank (ZKB)
· Karen Sabioni Oliveira – BNP Paribas SA
· Karen VeslemøyHveem – Danske Bank
· KerimYebari – Deutsche Bank AG
· Kit Lin – Barclays
· Kristin Francis – PNC Bank
· Marcus Jacobsson – Swedbank AB
· Melissa Gomes – Bank of America Merrill Lynch
· MónicaCouret – BBVA
· NimeshAvantha – Standard Chartered Bank
· OzgurAkdeniz – Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
· PaniOritis – Santander UK
· Poppy Biswal – KeyBank National Association
· Renny Narvaez – BNY Mellon
· Steve Darnell – BMO Capital Markets
· William M. Santoro – IBM
About Kapital Bank
Kapital Bank renders services at 92 branches and 7 service-points. It has the most extensive service network. Detailed information about the bank’s products and services can be obtained at www.kapitalbank.az, as well as by calling the Customer Service Center: 196.
BAFT, the leading global financial services association for international transaction banking, helps bridge solutions across financial institutions, service providers and the regulatory community that promote sound financial practices enabling innovation, efficiency, and commercial growth. BAFT engages on a wide range of topics affecting transaction banking, including trade finance, payments, and compliance. The association websiteis www.baft.org.